This delicious Slimming World Salmon Carbonara is so quick and easy to make! Simply bake or grill your salmon while you cook the spaghetti, then combine it all with a cheesy egg mixture. Hey presto!
Simple, healthy, delicious and quick. These are my four favourite words when they team together in a recipe. And this Slimming World Salmon Carbonara ticks all my boxes.
It’s also possibly one of the quickest Italian dishes to make. That and my classic Slimming World Carbonara with bacon.
With its creamy texture of whisked eggs, grated cheese, it’s all stirred together with sautéed garlic, mushrooms and flaked salmon. But of course, you could pack it full of extra speed foods if you wish.
Is Slimming World Salmon Carbonara healthy?
Yes, Slimming World Salmon Carbonara is healthy when using cheese as part of your Healthy Extra A. And bear in mind that you will be allowed to eat more cheese when opting for a reduced fat option. As it is quite carby with lots of protein, it is particularly filling at around 508 calories per serving.
However, while on the Slimming World plan, it’s recommended that you ensure a 3rd of your plate consists of super speed food. This is to ensure you protect your weight loss.
Super speed foods are your typical vibrant healthy foods. They usually consist of vegetables, such as a fresh leafy salad for example. It could be a simple side dish of courgettes, grated carrots, onions. You can find a full list in your membership booklet.
Can I Make Slimming World Salmon Carbonara Without Eggs?
There are many other ingredients you can make Slimming World Salmon Carbonara with. However, as it already uses cheese as part of your Healthy Extra, you may end up increasing syns, so bare that in mind.
You could use a low fat soft cream cheese, such as Primula Light and omit the parmesan and eggs. You’ll also find reheating carbonara with cream cheeses much easier too.
Or you could use Quark or fromage frais, ensuring they are fat free. However, with it being flavourless, you’ll likely want to add some parmesan regardless. Or maybe even a smidgen ham stock. Also, seasoning is very important to enhance the flavours of Slimming World salmon carbonara.
Can I Freeze & Reheat Slimming World Salmon Carbonara?
Slimming World Salmon Carbonara is not great for freezing and reheating. This is because the egg mixture is delicate and is very easy for the spaghetti to quickly absorb the mixed egg.
Also, when reheating, the egg can separate and slightly go scrambled. However, the taste is exactly the same. I also never freeze Slimming World Salmon Carbonara.
It is best to eat once freshly cooked. But if this is not realistic, I place in a microwavable lidded container and reheat for about 3 minutes. But if you need to add some extra creaminess, just stir in a dash of water or quark.
Similar recipes you might like
- Slimming World Syn Free Carbonara
- Syn Free Lasagne
- Slimming World Parsnip, Ginger & Lemon Spaghetti
- Low Syn Lockshen Kugel
- Syn Free Potato Kugel
- Slimming World Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Syn Free Bolognese Pasta Bake
- Syn Free Chicken & Mushroom Stroganoff
- Slimming World Syn Free Potato Lasagne
- Syn Free Chicken, Bacon & Tomato Pasta
Syns Explained in Slimming World Salmon Carbonara
This recipe is Syn Free when serving between four people. That is providing you are using skinless salmon and also cheeses as part of your Healthy Extra A. Here’s the breakdown:
- 30g of parmesan is 1 person’s Healthy Extra A
- 40g of low fat cheddar is 1 person’s Healthy Extra A
- This means when serving between 4 people, one portion is HALF of your Healthy Extra A for the day.
However, if you are in doubt, please note that I am in no way officially associated with Slimming World. Nor have I had any training. I am just a Slimming World paying member who loves good food and enjoy sharing my favourite recipes.
At the time of publication, the syn information were accurate using their Food search and syns calculator. However, if in doubt, always ask your consultant, or call the Slimming World Syns Hotline: 09068 518 518. Syn information can sometimes change to ensure they protect your weight loss
Tell Us You Made Slimming World Salmon Carbonara!
We love to see your foodie pics of our recipes! If you enjoyed Slimming World Salmon Carbonara, then why not tag #TastefullyVikkie so we know you made it? You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
If in Doubt
I am in no way associated with Slimming World, or trained to give advice. I’m just a regular paying member who loves to cook and eat great food that’s also as healthy as possible. I take a lot of time to develop and calculate the syns of my recipes.
Join Our Facebook Group
If you want to get in on what Slimming World recipes we’re talking about and generally looking for inspiration, then feel free to click above to join our Facebook group. TastefullyVikkie.com Slimming World Recipes & Ideas. We’re a friendly, non-judgemental bunch and all aiming for the same thing.
Pin Slimming World Salmon Carbonara for Later
How To Make Slimming World Salmon Carbonara
Slimming World Salmon Carbonara – Syn Free
- 300 g salmon grilled, without the skin and broken up
- 320 g spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 eggs
- 40 g low fat grated cheese *(part of your Healthy Extra)
- 150 g mushrooms sliced
- 30 g parmesan grated *(part of your Healthy Extra)* for sprinkling at the end
- Cook the spaghetti as instructed on the back of the packet.
- Now grill or bake the salmon in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and add cheese except the parmesan, then set aside.
- Then, in a large frying pan, spray with oil spray and saute the mushrooms and garlic for 5 minutes until the garlic is toasted.
- Flake the salmon and drain the spaghetti and add to the frying pan with garlic and mushrooms, then remove from heat.
- Now stir in the egg mixture (do not fry as the egg will set in the hot food) and sprinkle with fresh herbs and grated parmesan and enjoy!