This delicious Slimming World Carbonara is so easy to make. All you have to do is cook your spaghetti while frying some bacon and any vegetables you like. Then simply mix the egg and cheese mixture together, stir in to the spaghetti and serve!
I’ve always loved the simplicity of spaghetti carbonara. It’s possibly one of the quickest Italian pasta dishes you can make.
The creamy texture is made up from whisked eggs, grated cheese. And it’s all mixed in with toasted garlic, chopped bacon and any other vegetable or flavour you wish.
So I’ve adapted this classic to make this Slimming World Carbonara. And it’s so good! Or, if you fancy, I also made this salmon version a few years ago, but the principles are the same.
IS SLIMMING WORLD CARBONARA HEALTHY?
Yes, Slimming World Carbonara is healthy when using the cheeses as part of your Healthy Extra A. As it is quite carby with lots of protein, it is particularly filling at around 536 calories per serving.
However, while on the Slimming World plan, it’s recommended that you ensure a 3rd of your plate consists of super speed food. This is to ensure you protect your weight loss.
Super speed foods are your typical vibrant healthy foods. They usually consist of vegetables, such as a fresh leafy salad for example. It could be a simple side dish of courgettes, grated carrots, onions. You can find a full list in your membership booklet.
CAN I MAKE SLIMMING WORLD CARBONARA WITHOUT EGGS?
There are many other ingredients you can make Slimming World Carbonara with. However, as it already uses cheese as part of your Healthy Extra, you may end up increasing syns, so bare that in mind.
You could use a low fat soft cream cheese, such as Primula Light and omit the parmesan and eggs. You’ll also find reheating carbonara with cream cheeses much easier too.
Or you could use Quark or fromage frais, ensuring they are fat free. However, with it being flavourless, you’ll likely want to add some parmesan regardless. Or maybe even a smidgen ham stock. Also, seasoning is very important to enhance the flavours of carbonara.
CAN I FREEZE & REHEAT SLIMMING WORLD CARBONARA?
In truth, Slimming World Carbonara is not great for freezing and reheating. This is purely down to how delicate the egg mixture is. And it’s very easy for the spaghetti to quickly absorb the mixed egg.
Also, when reheating, the egg can separate and slightly go scrambled. However, the taste is exactly the same. I also never freeze Slimming World Carbonara.
It is best to eat once freshly cooked. But if this is not realistic, I place in a microwavable lidded container and reheat for about 3 minutes. But if you need to add some extra creaminess, just stir in a dash of water or quark.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Slimming World Syn Free Salmon Carbonara
- Syn Free Lasagne
- Slimming World Parsnip, Ginger & Lemon Spaghetti
- Low Syn Lockshen Kugel
- Syn Free Potato Kugel
- Slimming World Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Syn Free Bolognese Pasta Bake
- Syn Free Chicken & Mushroom Stroganoff
- Slimming World Syn Free Potato Lasagne
- Syn Free Chicken, Bacon & Tomato Pasta
SYNS EXPLAINED IN SLIMMING WORLD CARBONARA
This recipe is Syn Free when serving between four people. That is providing you are using the cheeses as part of your Healthy Extra A. Here’s the breakdown:
- 30g of parmesan is 1 person’s Healthy Extra A
- 40g of low fat cheddar is 1 person’s Healthy Extra A
- This means when serving between 4 people, one portion is HALF of your Healthy Extra A for the day.
However, if you are in doubt, please note that I am in no way officially associated with Slimming World. Nor have I had any training. I am just a Slimming World paying member who loves good food and enjoy sharing my favourite recipes.
At the time of publication, the syn information were accurate using their Food search and syns calculator. However, if in doubt, always ask your consultant, or call the Slimming World Syns Hotline: 09068 518 518. Syn information can sometimes change to ensure they protect your weight loss
TELL US YOU MADE IT!
We love to see your foodie pics of our recipes! If you enjoyed Slimming World Carbonara, then why not tag #TastefullyVikkie so we know you made it? You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
IF IN DOUBT
I am in no way associated with Slimming World, or trained to give advice. I’m just a regular paying member who loves to cook and eat great food that’s also as healthy as possible. I take a lot of time to develop and calculate the syns of my recipes.
PIN ME FOR LATER…
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
If you want to get in on what Slimming World recipes we’re talking about and generally looking for inspiration, then feel free to click above to join our Facebook group. TastefullyVikkie.com Slimming World Recipes & Ideas. We’re a friendly, non-judgemental bunch and all aiming for the same thing.
HOW TO MAKE SLIMMING WORLD CARBONARA
Slimming World Carbonara – Syn FreePrint Pin Rate
- Oil spray
- 320 g Spaghetti dried
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 bacon rashers medallions only with fat removed, diced
- 40 g low fat cheddar cheese grated
- 30 g parmesan grated
- 3 eggs
- 100 g mushrooms sliced
- Cook the spaghetti as instructed on the back of the packet.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and add most of the cheese, holding back a few spoonfuls for a garnish. Now set aside.
- Then, in a large frying pan, spray with oil spray and gently saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Then add the bacon and continue frying until golden.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer to the frying pan with bacon and remove from heat.
- Now immediately pour in the egg mixture, stirring as you go to avoid any scrambled eggs.
- Season well and serve in to bowls before topping with the final grated cheese.