When I’ve made traybakes in the past, they’ve tasted so “meh”. That is until now.
Traybakes are so blooming convenient. They’re so easy that I managed to cook this within an hour and take advantage of the beautiful sunshine for a 15 minute photo shoot.
If only all recipes were like this, eh?
So, it’s essentially a one pot wonder.
The first thing I did was crush my garlic and lots of it. Then mixed with some lemon zest, fresh herbs and gave my chicken breasts a really good coating while in the tray.
And finally threw in all the other Mediterranean vegetables I wanted and drizzled with balsamic vinegar to take it to another level.
What particularly worked well for me was the amount of flavour and juice.
I’m quite possibly your typical Northern girl. I need gravy or lots of sauce as dry food doesn’t do it for me.
And half way through my meal, I realised I needed no dollops of lighter than light mayo to keep me satisfied.
It also consists of more than your recommend third of speed food to help boost weight loss.
I’m sure any Slimming World consultant would be proud! And to serve, I ate mine with plain brown rice and a hearty handful of spinach.
This is definitely the tastiest traybake I have ever tasted and can’t wait to experiment with more flavours.
HOW TO MAKE SYN FREE ITALIAN CHICKEN TRAYBAKE
Slimming World Syn Free Mediterranean Chicken Traybake
- 6-8 chicken breasts no skins
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 230 g vine tomatoes
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 red pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red or pink onion cut into wedges
- 1 lemon for zest and to garnish with slices
- Preheat your oven at 220 degrees.
- In a large baking tray, mix together the chicken, garlic and herbs for a good coating.
- Now place all the veg in the tray and drizzle the balsamic vinegar all over.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice (or whatever you want, really) and enjoy!
- Don't forget to tag me on Instagram @TastefullyVikkie so I know you liked it too!
DON’T MISS OUT ON FUTURE RECIPES
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
HERE’S A PIN SO YOU CAN SHARE OR SAVE THE SYN INFO FOR LATER!