These Slimming World Pancakes are Syn Free and taste exactly like normal crepe pancakes. Why? Because they’re made with blended oats!
Last night I had a revelation, dancing in my kitchen after making these Slimming World pancakes. Instagram video proof here (well, sort of).
And for a long time, I’ve been pondering on testing out this theory. Blended oats for pancakes.
I think the reason I’ve been avoiding other Slimming World pancakes in general is because I’d previously had a disaster. I’d made with the non-blended “magic pancakes” which uses a syn free yogurt.
It resulted in a clumpy, sticky burnt mess; not pleasant at all.
In fact, these Slimming World pancakes are the closest thing to the real pancakes I used to have as a kid with golden syrup. I didn’t quite fancy my brother’s go-to topping though; gravy… no thanks, but it’s each to their own!
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS FOR YOUR SLIMMING WORLD PANCAKES
It’s also syn free because it uses oats as your full healthy extra b and part of the healthy extra a with 120ml milk. This makes a huge stack of 11 mini pancakes or 5 medium ones all for one person! Yummy!
As for toppings, there are several options. You could drizzle over a little agave syrup, sweet freedom’s hot choc sauce, mini marshmallows or a twist of lemon with a sprinkle of icing sugar.
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
PIN ME FOR LATER…
HOW TO MAKE SYN FREE SLIMMING WORLD PANCAKES
Slimming World Syn Free Pancakes
- oil spray
- 40 g porridge oats 1 person's Healthy Extra B
- 120 ml skimmed milk Part of 1 person's Healthy Extra A
- 1 egg
- pinch salt
- Whiz everything in a blender until smooth and set aside for half an hour if possible and stir again.
- Spray a frying pan with frylight and heat it up.
- Pour a thinish layer of batter in the pan and swirl around until everything is coated and heat for around a 30 seconds to a minute on each side then set aside.
- Repeat step 3 until all the mixture is gone and top with whatever you fancy.
- Oh and don’t forget to tag me on Instagam (#TastefullyVikkie) if you make them! I’d love to see how you eat yours 😉